Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ABC's of Creating



I've gotten lots of great feedback about the work I've done over the last few years. Some people want to know about techniques, how I learned to do what I do, what inspires me.

One of the best artist tips I can give you is:

Always
Be
Curious

It really is as easy as "abc"! A lot of the things I've learned were because I thought "what if...?" or wondering if a certain thing was possible to make. Once you decide what you want to do, want to learn or want to achieve finding the answer is the fun part. 

Tap into your imagination and the creativity will flow! After learning the felting basics with the teddy bear kit I purchased when I first discovered needle felting, my next project was my first baby dragon, Flicker. I thought about all the basic sculpting techniques (soft and hard) I knew and went from there. I knew I wanted her to be a certain shape and I wanted to be able to pose her, so an armature was the first logical step. Then felted the body over that and made her wings and there she was!

So if there is a project you've been wanting to start, but don't know where to begin, be curious. Ask questions, expand your arsenal of techniques and you will get there in no time! You can achieve anything you can dream.

If you have any questions, want to learn anything or if there is a tutorial you would like to see, drop me an email and I will either reply to you directly or post a tutorial on the blog.

Happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. What a great offer!

    I recently sent some magazine pictures to a friend with needle felted creations. She has now sold many of her new items! YAY! It was her nudge that started the creative juices flowing!

    Have a great day, and stop by and enter my new giuveaway that started today!

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails