Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Road to the Doll Show



It has been a while since I had a new post, and I have not been blogging as frequently as I would like. I have been making dolls as quickly as I can for the upcoming Hamilton Doll & Bear show. This will be held at Hamilton Gardens in Hamilton, New Zealand on May 21 & May 22. A few dolls have taken shape since my last post, so I'd like to introduce you...


This beautiful Snowshoe Hare was felted of a blend of luxuriously soft white merino wool and angora rabbit fibers. The hare stands 4 1/2" tall and 5 1/2" long. He was felted over a wire armature and has black glass eyes and nylon whiskers.


Next is Isaac who is a sweet teddy bear stylized to look well loved. He is sculpted entirely of 100% New Zealand Alpaca and is five way thread jointed. Isaac is only 2 1/2 inches tall (sitting).


I've had kind of a weird raccoon obsession lately. I'm not totally sure where it came from but I am working on raccoon #2 right now. Here is #1 who is a teeny tiny 1 5/8" tall and 4 1/2" long. Felted over a wire armature, the raccoon is made of a blend of monochrome colours in alpaca, merino and angora fibers. Czech glass eyes, nylon whiskers.


Last but not least, I have felted a brooch of my favourite Luck Dragon, Falkor. Felted firmly of a blend of soft merino wool and luxurious Angora. Iridescent gold glass eyes, pin backing. 2 1/4" long 1 1/2" wide.

All of these dolls are available in my Etsy shop.

I have a few other dolls in the works right now...a raccoon named Rascal who should be coming together very soon. All of his body parts are laying here next to me waiting to be joined and have the final details added :)

I also have a 1/4 finished sea dragon sitting here begging to be worked on. It is very different from my past dragons and I am intrigued by what path it chose to go and can't wait to see the end result.

There are some other ideas that might come to life, but there is no telling what I'll make next. I'm just waiting for the next inspiration.


xo

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails