Monday, March 7, 2011

What Goes Bump in the Night?

Rascal, needle felted raccoon


I have been busy making dolls in my free time to fill up my Etsy shop and to prepare for the Hamilton Doll & Bear Show. I have not been updating the blog as I make them, but you can always see the latest updates on my Facebook Page.

This week, I have two new nocturnal creatures and one magical being to show you...


Rascal is a chubby little raccoon felted of charcoal merino wool. His details are black alpaca and white angora. He has light grey glass eyes and nylon whiskers.

Rascal is 3 3/4 inches tall 5 1/2 inches long and is five way thread jointed.


Meet Growl. He looks a bit scary but he is a big teddy bear inside and just wants to be cuddled. He is the first in my Wee Beasties range and I will have more coming soon!

Growl is sculpted of a blend of merino and NZ Corridale wools and alpaca. His body fur and hair are four different colours (brown, auburn, black and blue) of tibetan lamb and kid mohair locks. He has iridescent gold glass eyes that catch the light and make him look so alive!

3" sitting, 4" standing. Growl is five way thread jointed and can be posed several ways.

Both Rascal & Growl are available in my Etsy shop.


Treasure is a custom unicorn felted of a merino/silk blend. She has a silk mane and tail, glass eyes & hand sculpted paperclay horn. Not available for purchase. Please contact me for custom orders.

There will be lots more to come in the coming days and weeks ahead. I have a work in progress that I will be adding to the blog shortly!

Until next time,

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails